Monday 21 September 2009

Don't get around much more

Well it' s been a few days since the last post hasn't it now?

What's been going on? Why haven't I been updating this ol' blog?
Well, there isn't really any worthwhile answer to that, so I'll just ramble on if it's all the same to you dear reader.

So then, on the Saturday my father wanted to go see a film with me, now this is rather odd as my father and I hardly get on, barring the occasional discussion on art, food or history. So you can imagine my surprise that he actually wanted to spend time with me; most of the time he'll either mutter angrily under his breath at me or ignore me completely. Anyway, so we arranged to see the re-showing of the cult classic film Dark City that was on, however it turned out that the tickets we'd booked were for the Sunday, not that night. So as the film was clearly off, we decided to get dinner from a Vietnamese place, not too far up from the restaurants I tend to frequent, though usually when I'm in the company of Sabina, the aforementioned girlfriend. Amazingly my father and I managed to talk quite chummily over dinner and seek out a Lebanese pastry shop afterwards, now I rather foolishly thought that this good nature towards each other might last. Of course it didn't. So since then it's been pretty much as usual; terse acknowledgment with scattered showers of civility.

Sunday was sleeping in. Was brief, wonderful, episodes of The War Games on DVD. Was shots of anger and annoyance. Was pain and hate. Was sunny bloody sun.

Sunday night was better. Was healing. Was solace from the storm. Was brief respite.

Late Sunday night was something else. Was sheltering from the desperate cold with Peep Show and podcasts. Was concerned with metaphysics and reality. Was a thesis on suicide. Was interesting.

Monday was easier. Monday had a cup of tea... two cups in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment